• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

zeiss dc4 (1 Viewer)

Jack Daw

Therapy of the green leaf
Many apoogies but should have started this as anew thread
I have just read a very interesting article on an American birding site concerning a new camera adapter for all Zeiss scopes called the DC4 looks a very very nice piece of equipment however looking at the pics it will only fit angled 'scopes can any one shed any more light on this.Will it be available in the UK if so what will the pricing structure be Many thanks for your help regards Jack.

Paul Jarvis said:
Hi Jack daw

Check out Andy's digiscoping forum there are more posts on it there.

Paul many thanks for directing me onto the thread you mentioned just got back from holiday so missed the original thread when it came on line. Thanks for the tip regards Jack.

[/QUOTE]I have just read a very interesting article on an American birding site concerning a new camera adapter for all Zeiss scopes called the DC4 looks a very very nice piece of equipment however looking at the pics it will only fit angled 'scopes can any one shed any more light on this.
Sorry if this reply belongs on Andy's thread but I could not find one for DC4 only. Anyway, just noticed on the Zeiss DC4 website, under technical specifications, that they have a picture of the DC4 on a straight scope body. That is good news.

does anyone know when they will be launched onto th u.k market and at what price££££££££££££££££.

cressi

They are available in the UK already at about £1000 - I had my first chance to see on today and must confess that it was better than I'd been expecting. It will be interesting to see the results once there are some being used in the field.

Got reply e-mail from someone at Zeiss UK, and he said first 1,000 made may be all they are going to make, he couldn't promise they would produce more. Is this correct???

Told me that at last years Birdfair and the price as shown. As I have said previously when added to the cost of the scope body, it is a lot of money and one would still need normal eyepieces as well.

Robert L Jarvis said:
..and one would still need normal eyepieces as well.

Not really, as long as you are happy with the one that is built into the camera bottom. It's a regular 30/40xW depending on the scope (65/85).

" imaxfli
Got reply e-mail from someone at Zeiss UK, and he said first 1,000 made may be all they are going to make, he couldn't promise they would produce more. Is this correct???"

Hello!

The number seems to be correct (see here
http://www.zeiss.de/C12567A80033F8E4/Contents-Frame/5E6B31A921D17AB8C12571C5004EAE5E
for reference).

My bet is, if it catches on and sells well, Zeiss will come up with new model next year. The pace of digital technology is too swift to stock up large numbers.
1000 may sound little but probably isn't.
This year's digital top toys will be the industry's "oldtimers" next year.

"DC 5" - if it comes into being - will have an increased number of pixels. That's my prediction.
So I think there is no need to rush get it.
Meanwhile I shall stick to my camera adapter; there is always the possibility to hook a digitial camera body to it.

Cheers, Thomas

imaxfli said:
Got reply e-mail from someone at Zeiss UK, and he said first 1,000 made may be all they are going to make, he couldn't promise they would produce more. Is this correct???

That is what I was told by a Zeiss US rep at an outdoor show this week. Camera technology changes so quickly it appears that they want to keep pace with their offering.

imaxfli said:
When will a new Diascope be produced???

I doubt that Zeiss are planning to do this any time soon, of the top scopes only the Kowa is a newer model than the Diascope.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back