• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

June 2015 Namibia Id please (1 Viewer)

Andy Hurley

Gotta love nature!
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi,
Please help with these 3.

1 Between Windhoek and Rostock 7 June
2 Rufous Vented Warbler ? Between Windhoek and Rostock 7 June
3 Erongo between Usakos and Warerberg 11 June

Thank you very much

Attachments

• ARD_5767.JPG
    ARD_5767.JPG
    252.8 KB · Views: 39
  • ARD_5750.JPG
    ARD_5750.JPG
    472.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2399.JPG
    IMG_2399.JPG
    708.4 KB · Views: 36
Thanks Andy,

according to SASOL 4 Levaillant's does not occur in Namibia, but Desert does. That was my feeling, but its new to me. Chestnut-vented Tit Warber is now called Rufous Vented Warbler, according to Clements and others (via Avibase ), so thanks for the confirm. I thought 3 was a Canary too and was thinking Yellow.

for the cisticola I guess your choice is between Desert and Zitting. The canary's bill looks a bit small for Yellow to me, so I'm wondering about Black-throated?

Thank you both.
Larry, I see a dark wedge starting at the bill and going down like a malar stripe and the SASOL 4 says small bill next to drawing of Yellow (damarensis). Trouble is, I saw both at that location, so I can't rule out one above the other.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back