• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax DCF MCII (1 Viewer)

lucznik

Inspector Gadget
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these. Are they significantly different/better than the original DCF MC?

I have one of the original DCF MCs in 8X22 and like it O.K., but it has been very well used and is in need of replacing. Besides, I'm not sure I am totally satisfied with the 22mm Objective Lens and the new ones have a 25mm OL.

Or would I be better off using a 10X. I spend a lot of my time in the outdoors looking through my binocular at first light and at dusk. I use an 8X42mm DCF WP binocular when I'm being serious about seeing things, but I like to carry a small binocular with me at all times for those unexpected opportunities. Will a 10X prove brighter, more serviceable?

Lucznik,

I have not looked at the new DCF-MC II but they seem to be good. The most interesting about them is maybe the eye relief of 20 and 21mm. That is unbeatable for a compact binocular in this size.

I don't really understand what you mean with "Will a 10X prove brighter, more serviceable?" If you mean brighter than the 8x22, the answer is no. A 10x25 has worse brightness than a 8x22.

Regards, Patric

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back