• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

compact flash card (1 Viewer)

DEREK CHARLES

Hello,

I have been useing the same compact flash card in my Nikon Coolpix for 6 months.It is now saying on the coolpix that the card cannot be read.My other cards work ok and i also checked it in my back up Coolpix.Same story
Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Derek

I can only suggest you format the card, downside you wipe any data, upside is you may get the card back? I had this occassionally when I deleted lots of pictures from the cards but always got them working again.

good luck

jim

On my camera you press the menu button then go to shooting menu and scroll down until you get to CF card Format, I hope this helps and you get your card working again

Gwynn

This is not an uncommon event - the format may only work for a short while - I should start thinking about returning it under warranty. I had a Kingston fail they replaced within a week. They are based near Heathrow.

Robert

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back