• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

East Wretham (1 Viewer)

jose

Alledged user
After a very busy week at work a day out was all I needed to recharge my batteries. So I decided to head to East Wretham Heath. Some very good birds today which included one lifer a Woodlark and two year's first Willow warbler and Cuckoo. Other wildlife included Brimstone, Orange Tip, Large White, Peacock, Red Admiral, Fritillary, Muntjac and one Adder sun bathing.

Little Grebe
Common Shelduck
Gadwall
Mallard
Tufted Duck
Grey Partridge
Pheasant
Moorhen
Coot
Oystercatcher
Lapwing
Woodpigeon
Collared dove
Cuckoo
Green Woodpecker
Woodlark
Skylark
Swallow
House Martin
Pied Wagtail
Wren
Dunnock
Robin
Blackbird
Mistle Thrush
Chiffchaff
Willow Warbler
Long-tailed Tit
Coal Tit
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Treecreeper
Jackdaw
Rook
Carrion Crow
Starling
House Sparrow
Chaffinch
Goldfinch

jose said:
After a very busy week at work a day out was all I needed to recharge my batteries. So I decided to head to East Wretham Heath. Some very good birds today which included one lifer a Woodlark and two year's first Willow warbler and Cuckoo. Other wildlife included Brimstone, Orange Tip, Large White, Peacock, Red Admiral, Fritillary, Muntjac and one Adder sun bathing.

Little Grebe
Common Shelduck
Gadwall
Mallard
Tufted Duck
Grey Partridge
Pheasant
Moorhen
Coot
Oystercatcher
Lapwing
Woodpigeon
Collared dove
Cuckoo
Green Woodpecker
Woodlark
Skylark
Swallow
House Martin
Pied Wagtail
Wren
Dunnock
Robin
Blackbird
Mistle Thrush
Chiffchaff
Willow Warbler
Long-tailed Tit
Coal Tit
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Treecreeper
Jackdaw
Rook
Carrion Crow
Starling
House Sparrow
Chaffinch
Goldfinch
Did you see that wierd looking duck on the lake nearest the main road? Looked like a hybrid fem tufted/male shoveller or fem tufted/male white headed.
Anyone got any ideas?

rogerk said:
Did you see that wierd looking duck on the lake nearest the main road? Looked like a hybrid fem tufted/male shoveller or fem tufted/male white headed.
Anyone got any ideas?

Do you mean Ringmere? But no I have not seen it. The only unidentified species today was the the type of Fritillary I saw. It was pointed to me. Not very good with butterflies

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back