• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RSPB 8x50 HD Binoculars (1 Viewer)

IAN JAMES THOMPSON

I've had my RSPB 8x50 HD Binoculars for about 2 years. Has anyone else had experience of using them and how do they find them. I've been very pleased since I bought mine.
Ian.

There seems to be very little in the way of reviews on the RSPB HD models. I had wanted to buy the 8x32 HD, but this had been discontinued. I could not find one used, so when a chance came to buy the 8x36HD used "as new", I took it.
How do you find the view of the 8x50, is there a yellow/warm colour to the view as in the 8x36?

Dave

There seems to be very little in the way of reviews on the RSPB HD models. I had wanted to buy the 8x32 HD, but this had been discontinued. I could not find one used, so when a chance came to buy the 8x36HD used "as new", I took it.
How do you find the view of the 8x50, is there a yellow/warm colour to the view as in the 8x36?

Dave
It is an excellent model for the price and I've found along with my RSPB Scope the sight of the birds is clear and sharp.
Ian.

I have always found that RSPB bins are very good value for money and considerably less costly than the well known "top" brands.

Tried these today and liked them. However, I expected them to be brighter with a 50mm objective. I must say, my 8x45 Chinese porro prism outperformed them - even on a dull day like today.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back