• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Information on Bausch & lomb 7x36 (1 Viewer)

Frank 111

Hi all ,
I am wondering if anyone can give any info on these binoculars from my dad
Bausch and lomb elite 7x 36 serial number AB3073
I'm looking for year of manufacture and value if possible
Photo attached , thanks .

Attachments

• 2017-02-21 18.03.42.jpg
    2017-02-21 18.03.42.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Can't remember the specifics but early 1990s. I think the rubber cover on the focus knob mean it is later production and so is phase-coated (good). A very cool bin, not often seen. The 8x42 and 10x42 models were more popular. These days 7x is unusual so I imagine it would sell easily.

--AP

Mine says 61-1042P Japan BL
AB 15xx

Both on the bottom of the hinge.

Maybe the 7x36 says 61-736P ?

I think the P means phase coated.

The 7x36 is desirable.

Last edited:
Can't remember the specifics but early 1990s. I think the rubber cover on the focus knob mean it is later production and so is phase-coated (good). A very cool bin, not often seen. The 8x42 and 10x42 models were more popular. These days 7x is unusual so I imagine it would sell easily.

--AP
Thanks for the info Alexis

Thanks Renze.
Very interesting.
My 10x42 might be about 1994?

It has distortionless or very nearly distortionless eyepieces with softish edges.

7736 it seems rather than 7786 for 7x36?

Thanks Renze.
Very interesting.
My 10x42 might be about 1994?

It has distortionless or very nearly distortionless eyepieces with softish edges.

7736 it seems rather than 7786 for 7x36?

Yes it's 36 , read it wrong , so mine are from 1994 as well

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back