• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First day list of 50 from the house (1 Viewer)

Jane Turner

Its clearly Spring.

Here is today's list in descending order of total count:

Herring Gull, Lesser Black-bcked Gull, White Wagtail (and Pied),Starling, meadow pipit, Little Gull, Ringed Plover, Cormorant, Feral Pigeon, Curlew, Dunlin, Knot, House Sparrow, Goldfinch, Greenfinch, Common Gull, Great Black-backed Gull, Sandwich Tern, Redshank, Wheatear (and prob Greenland), Grey Plover, Shelduck, Black-headed Gull, Oystercatcher, Collared Dove, Great-crested Grebe, Jackdaw, Dunnock, Blackbird, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Blue Tit, Robin, Coal Tit, Great Tit, Red-breasted Merganser, Siskin, Swallow, Gannet, Mute Swan, Wren, Peregrine, Red-throated Diver, Willow Warbler, linnet, Grey Heron
Whimbrel, Tree Pipit, Mediterranean Gull, Black Tern

Hmm Med Gull and Black Tern. Any of your neighbours got houses for sale Jane? Not that I can stretch to it at the moment but hey, I can dream.

I managed 69...no comments thanks.. in early May two years ago - and 75 in October...on a big overhead passage day which coincided with a top drawer seawatch!

Two lifers for me there! Good to hear that Wheatear, White Wagtail and Whimbrel are all on their way. They haven't arrived yet but looks like they're moving through.

E

Hi Jane

I got ahead of myself, the first two White Wagtails were seen in Iceland yesterday along witht he first Wheatear! No Whimbrels yet though.

Are Med Gulls present in your area in late May-early June by the way?

E

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back