• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What birds are awake at night (1 Viewer)

Chazley123

Hi, I was just wondering if anybody could help me. I think there is a bird living above my bedroom window/in the roof. I hear it coming and going all the time but just recently I've been hearing it call. However, it only starts when it's dark. As soon as it gets light it stops and again when it goes dark it starts. I don't mind the noise I'm just curious as to what it could be. I have a feeling it might be a chick but I'm not sure. I don't know much about birds and it sounds to me like the sound geese make when they fly over. Because of the way my house is situated there's a giant redwood right next to my window it makes it really difficult to see anything from the outside. Any info would be great
Thanks
Chaz F

Hi, I was just wondering if anybody could help me. I think there is a bird living above my bedroom window/in the roof. I hear it coming and going all the time but just recently I've been hearing it call. However, it only starts when it's dark. As soon as it gets light it stops and again when it goes dark it starts. I don't mind the noise I'm just curious as to what it could be. I have a feeling it might be a chick but I'm not sure. I don't know much about birds and it sounds to me like the sound geese make when they fly over. Because of the way my house is situated there's a giant redwood right next to my window it makes it really difficult to see anything from the outside. Any info would be great
Thanks
Chaz F

Could be a starling nesting in your roof space, the chicks are quite noisy as they grow, try and record the sound and post on here,

Regards from mark

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back