• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding in Stockholm (Huddinge) (1 Viewer)

jakobs

Greetings,
I will be visiting Sweden the 19. of december and will be staying in Flemingsberg, north of Huddinge. Huddinge is a 15 minute drive south from Stockholm. I will take my camera equipment with me and would like to photograph some of the native birds of there. I know this is not the best time of year for that but I am willing to try anyway. I will not get to travel much during my visit.

So my question is this:
Do any of you know of nice places in the neighborhood of Flemingsberg (or Stockholm) where I might be able to get some see and photograph local birds. I am not looking for rarities, just some birds I dont get to see here in Iceland.

Any info/thoughts highly appreciated.

Hi,

I am not familiar with the birding spots in that part of Sweden, but I made a quick search an found some info that may help you.

I do not know if you can understand some written swedish or not. Living in Iceland a think you may be able to understand some of it.

There is a birding club in Stockholm which you can find more info about on their site "www.stof.nu" (it is in swedish only). There is a topic called "Fågellokaler i Sthlm" in the menu on the left on their home page. This is a link to their recommended birding spots. The one closest to Flemingsberg should be "Ågesta". I think there is a bus from Huddinge to Ågesta. There is a map of this area.
I do not know if this a good spot at this time of year though. There is a big risk that it is best in the summer.

If you do not get a reply from someone living in Stockholm, you might try sending an email to the chairman of the bird club in Stockholm, Johan Hydén. His email adress is:
[email protected]

Feel free to contact me again if you need more help.

Good luck with your trip, Stefan

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back