• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best book for Bolivia (field guides) (2 Viewers)

I should add that I've visited Bolivia since the post linked to by James was written, and while some things still are spot on, other things have changed quite significantly. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to give a full update, but these pages are helpful:

http://www.birdbolivia.com/
http://www.geocities.com/fringe_backed_fire_eye/index.html

In a few months time, a new and much better field guide to Peru will be published. However, if leaving before that, I'd still recommend bringing the old Peru guide. Otherwise, you'll have little chance of identifying most of the lower Yungas species (same for the various lowland species in NW Bolivia). If your need for a guide is less pressing, a Bolivia guide is currently being prepared. I think it'll be published in 2008 or 09, but expected publication dates for bird guides and the actual date where they are published always seem to be differ.

dear Rasmus,

what is the full name of this book on Peru?

**Anyway, I will visit Bolivia next september (and hope to manage ID with available books!!)

thanks for your help!
Didier

;)

In a few months time, a new and much better field guide to Peru will be published. However, if leaving before that, I'd still recommend bringing the old Peru guide. Otherwise, you'll have little chance of identifying most of the lower Yungas species (same for the various lowland species in NW Bolivia). If your need for a guide is less pressing, a Bolivia guide is currently being prepared. I think it'll be published in 2008 or 09, but expected publication dates for bird guides and the actual date where they are published always seem to be differ.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back