• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch Garten Satellite Broadband now online after being offline since September 2016 (1 Viewer)

IAN JAMES THOMPSON

I thought I would mention that the RSPB Loch Garten webcam is now back online after been offline since last September when the RSPB decided to install Satellite Broadband as the standard broadband webcam signal live pictures had been very poor. The picture is much sharper, but I still have a problem on my iPad with the live pictures as the webcam keeps freezing and buffering after a few minutes and I have to turn the webcam off and on to get the return of a live moving webcam picture. At the moment the live webcam is of the Loch Garten Birdfeeder, but from next month for Spring and Summer it should be live pictures of the Loch Garten Osprey nestsite. Strange thing however is that the live Loch Garten webcam at the moment is just on the Carnyx Wild Live website and not available as of yet on the RSPB Loch Garten website page.
Ian.

I thought I would mention that the RSPB Loch Garten webcam is now back online after been offline since last September when the RSPB decided to install Satellite Broadband as the standard broadband webcam signal live pictures had been very poor. The picture is much sharper, but I still have a problem on my iPad with the live pictures as the webcam keeps freezing and buffering after a few minutes and I have to turn the webcam off and on to get the return of a live moving webcam picture. <snip>

Can you give a link to this? The link I've got shows the old dud feeder picture from Jan 16.

Cheers

Check the Carnyx Wild website, it's available there at present. I did email Loch Garten reserve that it wasn't available on the RSPB website at present and the Loch Garten manager is looking into that. Just to say there are problems still of the webcam as it freezes after a few minutes of watching that webcam. Try googling to find Carnyx Wild.
Ian.

Yeah.... it's been "buffering" for the last 15 minutes!

Yeah.... it's been "buffering" for the last 15 minutes!
The technician from Carnyx Wild from the company that provides the live pictures for the RSPB at Loch Garten says that they are trying to sort that problem before the Ospreys return from Africa. He posted that information on the RSPB Community Forums.
Loch Garten is so remote and the broadband speed so poor, the RSPB Headquarters gave the go ahead for satellite broadband webcam at Loch Garten.
Ian.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back