• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

NIB SX-60. Filters? (1 Viewer)

I've had a couple SLRs in the past and filters were standard fare... certainly up for discussion.

In my own experience, the UV filter is first choice. Sorta lives on the cam, and serves as a lens protector foremost. Second but not ALL THE TIME, is a polarizing filter. Autofocus/ Zoom cams require a Circular Polarizer, but they're still a front runner.

Once I decided what I was buying, I immediately investigated filters. The camera, memory card and filter adapter I obtained from Tristatecamera. The filters I got off Amazon. Both online orders were completed in one sitting.

I can tell you in my past, for open sky, or sunny sea-meets-mountain shots, a Polarizer is MONEY! A must have.

In my (limited) reading on this forum and a couple of others - all about the SX-60, no one has referenced them. What don't I know?

Edit: I did a forum search on Polarizing Filters. It seems current interest here is nil. A lot of questions about environments that would require one were answered with advice to counter those influences by other means. Those measures including change of angle, different time of day. Also prominent is the general attitude that light is king and any reduction of that is not to be tolerated.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back