• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New BATTERY FOR FZ30 (1 Viewer)

Baron Birder

My original panasonic battery (CGR S006E) is a few years old now and not keeping its charge so I need to get a replacement or two for my FZ30.

I try to buy originals for such things but £53!!:C

Has anyone got any advice on the replacements whcih Look much cheaper and if so which are any good?

Cheers

Has anyone got any advice on the replacements whcih Look much cheaper and if so which are any good?

I have two Impact batteries which I bought from B&H some time ago. They are considerably cheaper and come with considerably higher capacity. And that capacity is not just written on them, it actually is there as I have realized time and time again.

Quality?

Thanks for info so far. B :)

Have found lots of suppliers of the replacement battery it was more a question of which are any good, having read that some replacement dont last very long at all.

Henry - Looked at 7day shop - they were only £4.99 but showed stock on order. Any idea of quality? At that price perhaps I should order 6 and carry 4 or 5 around?

David Found them on www.cpsbatteries.co.uk. as Uniross replacement £19.56. Any idea about the quality when they are 4 times more than 7day but then a lot cheaper than £53

Swissboy I suspect b&h is only in US not UK.

Cheers

I have purchased Uniross & 7dayshop replacements as well as several others over the years so far they are all working. I always carry several spares ever since I was photographing on top of a ladder in a blizzard some way from home and guess what...., never did trust these new fangled electronic devices!

Only problem is that it then becomes easier to forget to keep them charged, with similar results.

I don't keep a record of number of shots per battery to know how much charge they really hold compared to branded originals but they all seem about the same. (maybe I've been lucky?

Swissboy I suspect b&h is only in US not UK.

Cheers

Yes, but they deliver worldwide, and I have had good experiences with them and their products. One of my Impact batteries has been in use for the last two years, i.e. since I got my FZ8.

As I keep my cameras in constant focus mode, and I often forget to turn them off (they eventually go into power save), there is a considerable power drain even when I don't actually take a picture. And that is when the Impact model shines especially.

Last edited:
Yes, but they deliver worldwide, and I have had good experiences with them and their products. One of my Impact batteries has been in use for the last two years, i.e. since I got my FZ8.

As I keep my cameras in constant focus mode, and I often forget to turn them off (they eventually go into power save), there is a considerable power drain even when I don't actually take a picture. And that is when the Impact model shines especially.

Thanks Swissboy:t:

I don't know where you guys look for batteries, but you can get new batteries for the fz30 from around three quid to eight quid on eBay, just check the p&p for the best value.
So cheap that I bought three for my fz8 and can now go out an click away regardless for a whole day. No problems with the batteries either.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back