• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

STL Files for disciscoping (1 Viewer)

albatross02

Hello,

have someone STL files or know where I found it for creating adapter for disciscoping with mobile or camera ?
The STL can be used for additive manufacturing.

Thank You very much.

Best regards
Dieter

Moin, Dieter,

have someone STL files or know where I found it for creating adapter for disciscoping with mobile or camera ?
The STL can be used for additive manufacturing.

Here's a parametric and adjustable digiscoping adapter I designed:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2836677

I've 3D printed it and it works, but depending on the smartphone you use and where you locate the clamps, it's not perfect yet. My Galaxy S5 fits nicely (with its protective frame), but misadjusts itself occassionally as the clamps are fairly low down on the phone (in order to clear the buttons).

Locating the clamps to the left and right of the lens would give more reliable positioning, avoiding the occasional vignetting that signal misalignment. I haven't yet gotten around to improve the design accordingly, however.

Regards,

Henning

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back