• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica Noctivid 8x42 review (1 Viewer)

Good morning, do you mean by market leader? whether it intends to be the brand that sold more, quite right, this does not mean that those who sell more has the best merchandise. To give you an example Swarovski (which builds binoculars / scopes excellent) is the most popular brand among hunters (at least in Italy) but it's almost a fad for them to wear one crys, often do not even know what they buy.

Hi P,

IMO you can't pronounce a brand as marketleader because they are excellent on one item. It is the total package that makes a brand marketleader.
The market rules conform this package.

Also in Holland Swarovski is marketleader in both hunting and birding.
Swarovski Crystal has nothing to do with Swarovski Optik. Same owners but two completely different companies, and yes Swaro Crystal is also marketleader in their area but I never hear those customers referring to Optik.

Maybe I expressed myself badly, I'm saying that Kowa IMHO is a leading manufacturer of telescopes (perhaps forever), and even the model 883 today with all accessories is the telescope with the best optical performance on the market, not surprisingly often is used as a reference point.
Then all optical, compreendendo binoculars are not market leaders will be true you are right, but for those who purchase counts have the best and in the case of telescopes is likely Kowa the bits about other brands.
If we speak of assistance then I think Swarovski optik is the best in assoluto.Giorgio

Giorgio, post 22,
I agree with you that Kowa makes excellent telescopes (and binoculars). I have tested their top telescope in comparison with Leica, Swarovski and Zeiss telescopes and considering a number of criteria it scored very high, but not first place. If I am right you can find the report on the WEB-site of House of Outdoor , choose "Verrekijkers"and "Verrekijkers vergelijken"and you will find a whole range of test reports.
Gijs van Ginkel

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back