• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need information about leica 10x25 bc (1 Viewer)

I have lots of experience with them. The most important cautions are that (1) prior to ~1990 or so they were not phase coated, which is not good, but later production was/is phase coated, and (2) close focus is not good, being something on the order of 6 meters. Otherwise, apart from the typical limitations of pocket bins compared to full-sized, they are fine for birding. Focus is a bit slow but very easy and smooth, eye relief is adequate for me with glasses, optical quality is fine, and "hang" is excellent.

--AP

Bob:

So then what does that mean ?

Jerry

Jerry,

Your guess is as good as mine.

It is a Trinovid and it seems that Trinovids are now Leica's 2nd line of binoculars. Perhaps it will be changed and finally get stops on the dual hinges so it is easier to use.:smoke:

Bob

Last edited:
Jerry,

Your guess is as good as mine.

It is a Trinovid and it seems that Trinovids are now Leica's 2nd line of binoculars. Perhaps it will be changed and finally get stops on the dual hinges so it is easier to use.:smoke:

Bob

Bob and Jerry

These models are still showing as available in stock from several dealers over here.

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back