• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where to Buy Canon SLR's (1 Viewer)

Gronk08

Hi

Although my trusty 40D keeps going the battery life is now not great and I do feel that a more up to date SLR would be of benefit such as higher ISO range.

Been looking at the Canon 700D and found the cheapest prices on SLR Hut and Ashton Little does anyone have any experience with either of these two or could recommend any where else?

Cheers

Tim

My understanding is that operations such as SLR Hut source 'grey imports', which are not covered by manufacturers warranty - they provide their own warranties through third parties instead.

I bought my first DSLR last year, and was tempted by the lower prices, but decided to not just go for a UK-sourced supplier, but bought from an actual physical shop - London Camera Exchange. For me the relatively small additional cost was worth it in order to be able to see what my chosen camera / lens combination felt like in the hand, together with the reassurrance of the warranty.

Another vote for Hdewcameras.co.uk. I have bought a DSLR from them and had no problems at all.

I have also bought DSLRs in the past from the following two websites which both have a good reputation also:

www.panamoz.com
www.digitalrev.com

All those three are good sellers. And prices are far cheaper than UK based sellers such as Jessops, Wexphotographic etc.

But as others say, you are buying a "grey import" so your gear will not be covered by Canon UK warranty. However, all three of these sellers have their own warranties. Those that have used the warranty report that they get good service. The cameras may be sourced from Hong Kong, but if you have a warranty claim, you just return the camera to a UK address and they send them on for repair, and then post back to you when fixed.

An excellent website for checking on-line sellers is Trustpilot. You get independent reviews of how good a seller is. Just go on the Trustpilot website and type in the name of the seller (eg Digitalrev).

Hope that helps!

Nick

Cheers all, I will check out the companies you have mentioned, I have heard of Digital Rev and they do seem to have a good feed back.

Tim

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back