• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kingfishers in Sandwell Valley and Sutton Park (1 Viewer)

johnnymcn

Hi all

Could anyone tell me if they know any locations in Sandwell Valley or Sutton Park, Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham where I can photograph Kingfishers.

Many Thanks

Don't know of any, but the best place in the midlands is near Shrewsbury at Venus Pool, the right hand hide as you look out at the water being the best one as the Kingfishers often perch up about ten metres in front of the hide.

Hi

I have seen pictures from other birders taken in the small woods near the Farm carpark at Sandwell Valley. But I have never seen them there myself. My best pics and views are from Brandon Marsh Nature Reserve just south of Coventry, Steetly Hide is the best place.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back