• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Noctivid 8x42 (1 Viewer)

salty

geordie birder
I couldn't wait any longer and had to try them!

Mine have just arrived by courier 15 mins ago and I'm blown away, I'm going to get out and try and get some pics.

Congratulations on your new Noctivid and thanks for the photo.

What were you using for you primary binocular before your new purchase?

Zeiss classic 8x56, ive had a few pairs of Leica trinovids and ultravids over the years, zeiss and Leica seem to suit me best.

Very happy with the noctivid, as mentioned in posts I've read earlier, they come in at a hefty 960 grams as I have front and rear lens cups left on as I take them cycling and on walks, no issues for me however.

Close focusing down to 6ft is awesome, watching the swans down the river an hour ago on my first mini test, minute focus is light and barrel is simple to reach, it can take a few seconds to scan from 6ft to infinity though.

I've always enjoyed 10x42 and 12x50 on previous Leicas, however after enjoying 8x56 for almost every need, daytime, garden, woods and stars, I've opted for 8x42 and I'm very glad I did.

There not as wide fov as some but it's good enough to find what your scanning for in an instant, also the power is way more than capable for every use, especially handy for close ups that I love.

Also worth mentioning the 3D effect is indeed real, especially when viewing a moving object, like the ducks and swans 12ft away on the local river earlier, amazing detail, I can't stop using them.

I'm off out again soon with the thermal imaging scope and going to see what there like in my local park for fox watching.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back