• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Grey Phalarpe-Blithfield Reservoir & Shustoke Reservoir-Help please? (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Gloucestershire

Grey Phalarope would be a lifer for me. I think there are birds seen today at both Blithfield Reservoir & Shustoke Reservoir. If anyone can help me with directions to wherer the bird has been seen today (Blithfield in particular looks BIG on the road map), I'd be grateful. Early start tomorrow morning!
Jeremy

The Blithfield bird has been showing well 150m north of the west end of the causeway, the causeway is the road that runs through the middle of the reservoir. The Shustoke bird is viewable from the North shore.The Blithfield bird has been showing very well and present for a few days. hope this helps and good luck,
regards,
steve

Probably would have been closer to Farmoor Dave, but I was spoilt for choice! Never seen one before and now a trio of them around me! Left home at 5am (I am an early riser!). Had a wonderful morning at Blithfield-Little Gull and Terns too. Back to the grindstone in the morning. Wonder what next weekend will bring in the area.
Jeremy

I saw the Blithfield bird yesterday - incredible - we stood on the Causeway and didnt really even need bins (although i was still watching it with 60x zoom - amazing!). It was closley associating with a juvenile Knot right below us. there were a few photographers on the shore and at one point, the Phalarope was feeding within six inches of one of their feet! I had heard that Grey Phals were quite tame, but this was ridiculous.

Superb bird and a long overdue lifer for me.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back