• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Connecting mkIII to pc (or not!) (1 Viewer)

paul goode

I hope I'm just having a really dumb moment but I've deleted the old versions of software, installed the new stuff and yet when I plug the mkIII into my pc nothing happens. Plug the 20d & 400d in and instantly get the little box about new hardware and EOS Utilty is up and running. Emailed Canon a few days ago but they can't be bothered to reply.

Any thoughts? This isn't just for transferring images though, I use a card reader for that

paul

mm never easy to sort sofware out , does the camera or any of them show up in my computer as i think it should as its seen as a hard drive ? .can you relode the older version ? remove your canon software, turn computer of and on again and relode it .
Thats all i can think of doing .
Hope it helps.
Rob.

I have had similar problems tethering my 1D2N - I think it is the Canon driver. Using the firewire cable, I reboot the Windows XP laptop, switch off the camera, plug it into the camera and laptop, then switch on the camera. If the camera or laptop powers off or the screensaver kicks in then I have to repeat the process to get it working again (I try to remember to switch off power saving modes on camera and laptop and disable the screensaver).

Not sure if this is any help to you Paul...but I feel better having shared my problems ;)

Lehmanns have confirmed the worst, DOA!

And to make matters worse the culprit is the same piece of EU nonsense that has made my business life a misery and cost me a fortune in new investment- the banning of lead in solder! :-C

At least its not only a mkIII problem, fractured solder joints could turn up anywhere!

Last edited:
Man! If it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all!

And we all thought you'd bought the bad luck franchise with back to back duff 30Ds!

Not a big issue this problem, Lehmanns have said its a quick fix when the bits come in so I'm not blowing the dust off the 20D just yet ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back