• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Lady' the Osprey unwell at Loch of Lowes (1 Viewer)

Peewit

Once a bird lover ... always a bird lover
Hi there

The female Osprey at Loch of Lowes is unwell, and the outlook is looking bleak for her now.

http://www.thewebbroadcastingcorporation.com/swt/swt.php

She is a grand old lady now at the age of 27 years old, and she looks although she is sadly not going to last overnight.

If you look at the webcam she is struggling to breath now.

She has had chicks recently, but luckily has a mate who is very attentive of the chicks.

So sad :-C

Regards
Kathy
x

Last edited:
Well 3 days later, she is hanging on and has made good recovery.
Blog posting at link above
22 June 2010
3pm update
Our mum continues to do well today, feeding her chicks and herself. There have been 6 (I think!) fish brought by the Laird today and he seems happy to leave mum to do all the feeding once more. Can he sense that his mate has recovered?
As happy as we all are at the improvements she has made, we know that she is still no where near 100% and probably will never be again. Hopefully she can regain some of the body mass she has lost to keep her going for the next few weeks. If her episode was caused by an illness then there is a possibility that she may relapse, but I am staying positive that she will see her chicks fly and then she can rest easy. I think that regardless of what happens, this will be her final summer on the nest, but what a season she has given us!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back