• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Summer Leys Northants (1 Viewer)

Ramps

I went to Summer Leys Nature Reserve, Northants (NN29 7TS), this morning.

A good site for Birding, in my opinion. It has three clean, enclosed hides and two viewing points. I met a few knowledgeable bird watchers, who were only to pleased to pass on their knowledge.

Anyway my list for today is;

Lapwing
Grey Heron
Little Egret
Great Crested Grebe
Moorhen
Green Woodpecker
Cormorant
Coot
Common Gull
Robin
Magpie
Mute Swan
Blue Tit
Thrush
Wood Pigeon

Glad you enjoyed your visit, it's a cracking site where I've enjoyed more than my fair share of good birds. Glad that the locals were friendly but then again in Northants everybody is.

James.

Glad you enjoyed your visit, it's a cracking site where I've enjoyed more than my fair share of good birds. Glad that the locals were friendly but then again in Northants everybody is.

James.
Can't vouch for everyone in Northants but certainly true of Summer Leys. Only wish I still had reasons to visit the area!
Russ

James.

You are right James. Very nice people in Northamptonshire!
I have been birding at Pitsford Water recenlty and hoping to go to Stanwick Lakes soon.

Hi Ramps, I'd hit Stanwick as early in the day as possible, it can get fairly busy there particularly at the weekend. Hope you enjoy your visit.

James.

Hi Ramps, I'd hit Stanwick as early in the day as possible, it can get fairly busy there particularly at the weekend. Hope you enjoy your visit.

James.
Hi James, Thanks for the tip. I have not been to Stanwick, but it is on my visit list. Appreciate the tip.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back