• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Deal golf course (1 Viewer)

Had a walk along walmer beach and around the meadow next to the castle this evening, saw very little, only a couple of Jays and a few usual birds. So i wizzed up to the Golf course to look for Owls. I found a Little Owl resting on the Chequers inn, and followed it as it moved to the other side. I got a good close up, he didnt seem very friendly, frowning away. He flew up over my head and was gone back toward the barn. A nice close up for a change. I finished at the 12th hole, where i stood still on the ancient highway for half an hour. A pair of Meadow pipits were really close, 15 metres at best, and 8 Linnets were flying around me chasing each other. A skylark also came very close singing on the ground and was met by another 1. So i had some really good close ups of all 3, and then realised on the way home, i forgot to get me camera out. Not to worry, it turned into a good couple of hours after a slow start. Hope you've had a good weekend, Mick

Oystercatchers, I saw one of them on the meadow at Fowlmead last week always seems odd to see them inland I wonder how far they go?

Mick

There was a pair at Fowlmead on saturday, i took paige on our bikes for an hour. I couldnt find the Ringed Plovers though, although we wer'nt really Birding, just getting out the house and away from the telly for a couple of hours. Mick

Walked from the Chequers Inn to the beach, along the beach to Sandwich bay and back along the Ancient highway today. Saw 2 juvanile Cuckoos with Meadow pipits still with them. Not together, but in the same area just past the last hole. Along the 12th Fairway 8 Whimbrel were feeding, i watched them move to about 4 different spots along the course, being scared up by Dogs, and me twice. And b4 i left, i found the Little Owl in the barn opposite the Inn. I see this virtually everytime i drive past the place now. He stays pretty local. There were lots of Pipits, Linnets and a couple of Skylarks too. Good evening all round. Mick

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back