• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

advice for kowa scope please (1 Viewer)

fisi7chella

I have a kowa tsn-823m with 20-60 zoom and wish to start digiscoping.I am aware of attachments to buy but am unsure of what type of camera to buy.
Having spent a lot of money on my scope,i certainly wont be buying top of the
range.But can any one recommend a mid budget digital camera.Thanks

The scope is great for igiscoping as Ian F will confrim. As for a camera have a look for a second hand Canon A95 they are very good. But to help suggest you have a little scroll through the threads in this section of the forum and in cameras.

Bear in mind you may have to obtain some sort of adapter as hand holding can be difficult in trying to keep the camera absolutely free of any shake which would ruin the pictures.

Robert L Jarvis said:
The scope is great for digiscoping as IanF will confrim. As for a camera have a look for a second hand Canon A95 they are very good. But to help suggest you have a little scroll through the threads in this section of the forum and in cameras.

Bear in mind you may have to obtain some sort of adapter as hand holding can be difficult in trying to keep the camera absolutely free of any shake which would ruin the pictures.
im puzzled when the attached camera and scope is on a manfrotto tripod why
would there be any shake?

Lol! Thanks for that Robert!

The Kowa 823 is by far the best scope I've used for digiscoping - far more suited than some more expensive scopes!

I think that Robert is referring to hand holding the camera to the scope which will always add an element of camera shake unless you use an adapter and a cable release and of course tripod mounted.

I'm still using the Nikon CP4500, which to my mind was superceded by the Canon A95 for quality but perhaps now, there are other models such as those produced by Sony.

To keep up to date with the 'best' digiscoping camera is pretty hard going but certainly the Canon A95 still holds it's place as does the Nikon CP4500.

Keeping an eye on the digscoping forum and the Gallery is the best way to go :t:

Robert L Jarvis said:
The scope is great for igiscoping as Ian F will confrim. As for a camera have a look for a second hand Canon A95 they are very good. But to help suggest you have a little scroll through the threads in this section of the forum and in cameras.

After just buying a Canon A85 on ebay I can agree with Robert, infact the whole A series I have read work very well. Prices second hand are around £40 - £80 depending on model and memory etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back