• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

And some more Kenyan Birds from July (1 Viewer)

Aliks

Opus Editor
Apologies for the poor quality - I could ID all my good pictures, these are the leftovers, and I would be grateful if anyone can pick out the birds.

1. Lake Naivasha. The yellow patch behind the eyes is confusing me, is it a thrush?
2. Just N of Masai Mara. I dont think I've overdone the colour, is this a raptor?
3. Just N of Masai Mara. Which Sunbird is this?
4. Masai Mara. A cuckoo I believe
5. Deep in the bushes beside Lake Victoria

Attachments

• IMG_0469_v1.jpg
    IMG_0469_v1.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0392a_v1.jpg
    IMG_0392a_v1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0360_v1.jpg
    IMG_0360_v1.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0263a_v1.jpg
    IMG_0263a_v1.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9620a.jpg
    IMG_9620a.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 41
1. looks like a Wattled Starling
2. female Purple Grenadier, I think
3. either Hunter's or Scarlet-chested Sunbird
4. African Emerald Cuckoo

The first is Wattled Starling, the second Purple Grenadier, I think, and the Cuckoo in four is African Emerald, in my opinion.

Andrea

Last photo show a juvenile Ploceus weaver, probably not identifiable on such a photo. It does look like a Black-headed Weaver though.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back