• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The f@?_&*ING cheek of it.... (1 Viewer)

mark richards

United Kingdom
sent a painting to a collector in US, which was very pleased with it, until it was taken to a so called professional framing company ,who on inspecting it said it was a fake...that it was a photo copy of the original painting...to say that i'm
P@~*ed off is a understatement.. they have now put doubts into her head,
making her believe, that its a print...I have replied to her email , saying that they don't know what their on about, and that it is a genuine painting by myself,
which when i sent it to her ,there was a certificate which i had signed, stating that it was a genuine painting...I explained to her, saying that all my art work was done in acrylic washes , and that it would be very hard to see brush marks...
what really p&%$"s me off is they could have cost me a client...mark

(I'll let you know how i get off with this....)

sent a painting to a collector in US, which was very pleased with it, until it was taken to a so called professional framing company ,who on inspecting it said it was a fake...that it was a photo copy of the original painting...to say that i'm
P@~*ed off is a understatement.. they have now put doubts into her head,
making her believe, that its a print...I have replied to her email , saying that they don't know what their on about, and that it is a genuine painting by myself,
which when i sent it to her ,there was a certificate which i had signed, stating that it was a genuine painting...I explained to her, saying that all my art work was done in acrylic washes , and that it would be very hard to see brush marks...
what really p&%$"s me off is they could have cost me a client...mark

(I'll let you know how i get off with this....)

Horror stories just don't seem to end these days! But this one takes the cake I think. I hope she'll take it somewhere to get a second opinion, or better just believe you!

What part of the states is she in? Not that it would make much difference. Except that if she's near a large city surely she could take it to someone who would point out that it's a real painting.

Good luck.

Horror stories just don't seem to end these days! But this one takes the cake I think. I hope she'll take it somewhere to get a second opinion, or better just believe you!

What part of the states is she in? Not that it would make much difference. Except that if she's near a large city surely she could take it to someone who would point out that it's a real painting.

Good luck.
California...thanks mark...

I think this professional framing company and their 'opinion' is well out of order....and just how dumb are they not to be able to distinguish a print from a painting...??!!

Hope you get a good result and a flaming big apology from these idiots Mark..

Sympathies...!

I think this professional framing company and their 'opinion' is well out of order....and just how dumb are they not to be able to distinguish a print from a painting...??!!

Hope you get a good result and a flaming big apology from these idiots Mark..

Sympathies...!

thanks, I just hope that i won't lose this client...what would i achieve by keeping
the original ,and passing off a print as the original..beats me..mark

perhaps when picture was in transit someone has seen your great talent, and switched it.
thirty years down the line will be at auction for 25 million

I'm lost for words, really I am. I'm glad you haven't lost the client at the hands of these idiots. I'm glad in a way that I'm incapable of being as delicate in painting as you are, it would be impossible to pass some of the stuff I'd done off as a print. (Still, I would like to have that talent and take the risk!)

what a mystery....I'd be wanting to talk to the "professional framer" and see what his story is..on gmail you can chat international and even face to face for free, or skype....I'd start out polite just to see what the heck is up with them.... or find one of us near her if possible and have your own "expert" go over and verify it for her. I can scarcely believe it:eek!:

Modern prints are such good quality that telling them from the originals can be tricky, but it's by no means impossible.
People who charge in with potentially damaging statements, like this lot have done, should really learn to keep their gobs shut until they know what they're talking about. Besides which, what's it got to do with the framer whether he's framing an original or a print? He's getting paid to to make a frame, not pass ill-informed judgements on what's going in it. I hope it's all turned out OK and the client is happy in the end.

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back