• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Insane dreams about binoculars (1 Viewer)

Last edited:
But isn't James talking about your body and not your binos?

Lee
:)-O)

Thanks for the laugh!!:-O BTW I am not sure about Sancho, but I wonder about my sanity sometimes.;)

I just noticed all the laughing bounce smilies move at the same time.

Last edited:
But isn't James talking about your body and not your binos?

Lee
:)-O)
:-O! Here's an idea....let's all report on the taste of lens-coatings by different manufacturers. Perhaps the alphas give more refined tastes...caviar, a drop of Chablis? All the way down to Tasco bins tasting of burger n' chips. Not a bad marketing spin, considering I've fallen for all the other ones. D'you think I should copyright it, or ask Swaro for a job?

I've had many of these over the years, including using magic binos that don't exist. But a few nights ago I dreamt my 8x32 SE's had a nasty coating of something that looked like salt all over the objectives. I tried to lick it off (it was a dream, remember!), and could only get a tiny circle in the centre clear of the salt, which seemed to grow thicker and more granular and opaque on the outer objectives. I looked through them and they were fine (except what I saw was something between a Peacock and a Ferrari). Then I got a chisel and started to try to scrape the stuff off, fully aware that this was a very bad idea. I awoke and breathed a sigh of relief. Do you think I should stop reading the bino forum? (Or perhaps get a Life?)

I see your dream as fraught with meanings that are critically important for you to realize ASAP. You'll have to set an appointment with my secretary and my fee is $250 an hour (cash only). I just hope there is time before the worst happens.

Last edited:
I see your dream as fraught with meanings that are critically important for you to realize ASAP. You'll have to set an appointment with my secretary and my fee is $250 an hour (cash only). I just hope there is time before the worst happens.
Sounds like a fair price to meB :).

:-O! Here's an idea....let's all report on the taste of lens-coatings by different manufacturers. Perhaps the alphas give more refined tastes...caviar, a drop of Chablis? All the way down to Tasco bins tasting of burger n' chips. Not a bad marketing spin, considering I've fallen for all the other ones. D'you think I should copyright it, or ask Swaro for a job?

I think you should lie down in a dark quiet room and calm down.

Caviar: ugh. Chablis: better, Meursault better still. So there you are, a lie down with a bottle of Meursault is all you need to calm your troubled soul.

Lee

Sancho. Here is an interpretation of what dreaming about binoculars could mean. Better watch the bolded one.;)

"Binoculars in a dream are a very good symbol that promises you a speedy implementation of some of your secret dreams. Broken binoculars in a dream are a bad omen, heralding worsening of your financial well-being and loss of social status. Often this dream means that in the future you will have conflicts with superiors or even dismissal, or a complete failure of the case, in which you have invested a lot of own money.

If you dream you gave binoculars to a person with whom you presently have loving relationship, it means that in reality you do not trust your partner and doubt the sincerity of his feelings. Maybe you do not perceive your relationship as serious, and do not treat this person as someone with whom you want to start a family and live a happy life together.

A dream as if you peep through binoculars for couple in love, suggests that soon you will have a fun entertainment, and it is likely that it will be connected with the flirting and fleeting love affair. If you observe somebody with a help of binoculars – beware not to be involved in bad and questionable venture.

If you notice that you were being watched through binoculars, on the contrary, it is considered to be a bad omen that promises you trouble and inconvenience which would be the cause of the annoying attention of unpleasant people.

If you rent binoculars in the theater, in real life you are afraid to take responsibility for solving your problems and prefer to shift all responsibilities on someone else's shoulders. This dream suggests that soon you will have to ask for help from friends or colleagues, as you will encounter difficulties in cases that you can’t manage. To look through binoculars for entertainment (theater, horserace) – means, that you will have great financial perspectives.

Binoculars in a dream are a sign of increased attention towards you from the opposite sex.

If you use binoculars, it means that soon you will lose favor of your friend.

To use a broken binocular, means that your position in society and welfare will be in danger.

If you break or smash binoculars – it is a sign that your relations with friends are under risk, you will have omissions and misunderstanding. If you treasure your friendship you will save it.

To receive binoculars as a present means that there is a danger of unconscious participation in a questionable venture. To present binoculars to somebody means that it is better for you not to seek help of others".

Last edited:
Yup - once as a young lad, just couldn't resist those crystals and that blade took a lot of hide off my tongue. Never met anyone who ever did it twice.|;|

Yup - once as a young lad, just couldn't resist those crystals and that blade took a lot of hide off my tongue. Never met anyone who ever did it twice.|;|
Ouch! I'd like to have seen your folks' reaction when you explained how it happened...or could you talk?

They knew, as most young lads tried licking those crystals off a saw blade after being warned many times, what the consequences would be. Always the same result - only difference was the amount of hide lost. The elders either tried it themselves decades prior or learned from "watching", much like peeing on an electric fence.

We also had ice sickles at the roof corners that came down almost to the ground (poor insulation back then) and would try to break them off without getting clunked - we were warned about that practice as well, but always had to learn the hard way.

Sorry for the hijack, but some ole farts like me dream about youthful outdoor stupidity that kids today don't get the chance to "enjoy" for themselves, as they mainly do stupid things on "social media" within their insulated cocoon. Maybe tonight I'll try and "dream" about binoculars.|8)|

They knew, as most young lads tried licking those crystals off a saw blade after being warned many times, what the consequences would be. Always the same result - only difference was the amount of hide lost. The elders either tried it themselves decades prior or learned from "watching", much like peeing on an electric fence.

We also had ice sickles at the roof corners that came down almost to the ground (poor insulation back then) and would try to break them off without getting clunked - we were warned about that practice as well, but always had to learn the hard way.

Sorry for the hijack, but some ole farts like me dream about youthful outdoor stupidity that kids today don't get the chance to "enjoy" for themselves, as they mainly do stupid things on "social media" within their insulated cocoon. Maybe tonight I'll try and "dream" about binoculars.|8)|
:-O Sweet Dreams of IS-pocket-'alphas', then. I love the reference to 'learning' by peeing on the electric fence!

Sorry for the hijack, but some ole farts like me dream about youthful outdoor stupidity that kids today don't get the chance to "enjoy" for themselves, as they mainly do stupid things on "social media" within their insulated cocoon.

Joe you are so right about today's kids.

When I was a nipper, near bonfire night when we could buy fireworks, me and my pal would buy extra 'bangers' and in the early evening when the local farmer took his cows away for milking, we would climb over the wall into the pasture and search for the biggest 'cow pats' or piles of cow poo. We would then stick a banger in it, light the fuse, and then run away to try to avoid the explosive shower of sh*t that followed and we would do this about 5 times before neighbours came out to see what all the BANGS were all about.

Don't try and tell me that todays kids wouldn't be better for doing this in real life instead of just the equivalent on Facebook :-O

Lee

Blowing up Cow Poo with bangers....that is genius. Wish we'd thought of it fifty years ago, instead of trying to blow up tin cans, milk bottles, the occasional dustbin. Actually I might try it next Hallowe'en, if I can find a banger and a cow-pat.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back