• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Firmware upgrades for 350D and 20D (1 Viewer)

Sean,the 350 link,says page not available.But may I ask,why does one need these firmware upgrades ?.Are they only needed if one is using the software,which comes with the camera ?.I have never used the discs which are provided,just use a card reader.But when the 20d went to be cleaned ,I noticed the Firmware had been updated,the same with the 300d.It does not affect the handling and use of the camera,or does it?.

robski said:
Christine firmware upgrades are either to fix a bug or introduce ( or support) a new feature.

Robert

To add to that - these are updates to the camera. For example, fixing 'bugs' in the white balance under certain conditions, such as using flash (ref. the 20d 2.0.3 updates).

christineredgate said:
Sean,the 350 link,says page not available.But may I ask,why does one need these firmware upgrades ?.Are they only needed if one is using the software,which comes with the camera ?.I have never used the discs which are provided,just use a card reader.But when the 20d went to be cleaned ,I noticed the Firmware had been updated,the same with the 300d.It does not affect the handling and use of the camera,or does
it?.

Christine
You may find the 2 links below useful?

Jim

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108227&page=2

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108243

Thanks,Jim,I have not had any probs so far.The 20d did occasionally seize up,but I just removed the battery,re-inserted and it was fine.The Firmware was updated when the sensor was cleaned under warranty.Also the 350 did the same thing,but again just removed the battery and everything was fine.If there are any mega probs,I will just send it off to H.Lehmann,they are excellent and clean the sensor and update for free within the first 12 mths.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back