• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minox BLs, Japan or China? (1 Viewer)

eetundra

Can anyone tell me the country of origin for the BLs? They look quite like, and are priced like, the discontiunued Japanese EO Ranger, but they just as wee could come from where the SRT and Celestron Nobles do in China. Anyone?

I've taken a good look at the BL 8x32 BR including the bins themselves, manuals and packaging. The country of manufacture doesn't appear anywhere as far as I can tell - all the documentation steers you to believing them to be of German manufacture, but without saying actually saying so.... perhaps they're made in the Far East, then shipped to Minox in Germany for distribution?

Great little bins, though - compact for the objective size, bright sharp image and reasonably priced too.

ferryman said:
....perhaps they're made in the Far East, then shipped to Minox in Germany for distribution?

Keith,

got it in one! They go back to Germany for a final QA check and final boxing up / packaging etc before being sent off to distributors.

ATB,

Dave.

Geoff Brown said:
Why this obsession with where bins are made. As long as they do the job does it matter!

Geoff,
I don't disagree - I like them wherever they were made!

still, out of idle curiosity, Dave could you tell us anyway?

;)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back