• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Osprey on Christmas day. (1 Viewer)

penlan

Seasons greetings.. I went out for an after Christmas Lunch stroll & saw an osprey sat in some trees. Should he still be around at this time of year? Or is he still around due to the mild winter and/or recent bad weather? Location is east of York in Yorkshire UK.
Thanks, Peter

Hi again, yes I think a very light coloured buzzard he is. It was the amount of white he had on him, his size plus the similar under wing pattern when seen from distance with the naked eye that threw us (I'm a novice at this!!). But having now got a couple of photos of him (again from distance, zoomed in, & attached) he's more buzzard than osprey!

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 60
Penlan credit to you for posting the pictures and 'fessing up. I saw a Buzzard the other day (there is a thread on here about it) which was very white indeed - they come in many flavours............each one a beauty

Oh I'm sure we've ALL done it....I know I've certainly had a few whoops moments!!! :-O

Even now, after 30 years birding, I'm the first to ask if I'm not sure on something.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back