• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lost birds - the Ghostly 2008 quiz. Register now! (1 Viewer)

Would like to enter also if that's ok. Will be going for the wild guess approach rather than the scientific photoshop analysis method mind . .

;)

Cheers, dan

Don't know about other scores, but I am at 8/9. Years of stringing (= educated guess approach) finally paying off, hahaha.

Hallo Pim! JH

Can't help but want to follow that with "George Dawes, what's on the board Miss Ford!" 3:)

(We know TV when it is good TV don't we?)

I meant to type that, but got distracted by the poker tournament....I'm fairly confident my door has a 9 on it, mind, Seamus will no doubt shoot me down by calling me a 'teeny ticker' or 'low listing scum' sometime soon. Well I spose all I can say is. Br**n Fl**at**er ;)

Oh of course plus my bonus points for location on all of the pics......gonna need a large door.

Oh dear. It really is late.

Or early - which way round do you look at it? I have no idea.

Cheeeers

Last edited:
Well teeny ticking low-listing scumbag, you are one of the 8/9 elite.

Dantheman - please have a go by PMing me - the more the merrier.

I will post three more pics a little later then the last three on Thursday - the scores and answers will follow at the weekend, by which time Dan P will have caught another tart's tick up on me. And if a Wh*t*-cr*wn*d sp*rr*w can turn up in Norfolk in Jan, another Br**n Fl*catcher will turn up.

Sean

Well teeny ticking low-listing scumbag, you are one of the 8/9 elite.

Dantheman - please have a go by PMing me - the more the merrier.

I will post three more pics a little later then the last three on Thursday - the scores and answers will follow at the weekend, by which time Dan P will have caught another tart's tick up on me. And if a Wh*t*-cr*wn*d sp*rr*w can turn up in Norfolk in Jan, another Br**n Fl*catcher will turn up.

Sean

Maybe even two, Ross's Goose roosted at Holkham tonight....I presume everyone has got said Kuwait bird wrong?

Here are 10-12. This is following several requests for easy ones.

Good luck.

Sean

The Kuwait bird has not been got correctly be anyone.

Attachments

• lost10.jpg
    lost10.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 111
  • lost11.jpg
    lost11.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 105
  • lost12.jpg
    lost12.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 113
There's two Kuwait ones by the time you posted Jules!!!

Here are the last three. 10-12 have proven very difficult. See how you go on with these easy ones.

Sean

Attachments

• lost13.jpg
    lost13.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 111
  • lost14.jpg
    lost14.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 97
  • lost15.jpg
    lost15.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 96
Glad you posted those last 3 there - gives me a reasonable chance of getting at least 3/15 ;)

Edit: actually not so bad, but a few dodgy ones at least . . .

Last edited:
Hello all

There is no deadline here, but I will announce the scores on Monday!!

Hotspur and Sylvia Staffs - I have three answers missing for both of you - no's 7-9 (Hotspur) and 10-12 (Sylvia). Do you want to put them in please?

Jane T - you weren't really making a tit of yourself and have a potentially high placing score were you to put in answers for those you haven't tried yet.

Good luck

Sean

To maybe encourage the last few stragglers to put in answers, I now post all 15 picturres with the bird highlighted. It is clear from the guesses that some people have missed some of the birds....

Attachments

• lost1ans.jpg
    lost1ans.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 71
  • lost2ans.jpg
    lost2ans.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 60
  • lost3ans.jpg
    lost3ans.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 57
  • lost4ans.jpg
    lost4ans.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 69
  • lost5ans.jpg
    lost5ans.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Final five

Attachments

• lost11ans.jpg
    lost11ans.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 64
  • lost12ans.jpg
    lost12ans.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 60
  • lost13ans.jpg
    lost13ans.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 65
  • lost14ans.jpg
    lost14ans.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 62
  • lost15ans.jpg
    lost15ans.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 57
But it should help that no one had “the [first] bird from Kuwait” right (no I won't change it), so better guess adequately there!

Answers tomorrow along with a TIE BREAK PHOTO as currently there are two people on the same score in the lead - both unlikely to be beaten.

Co-incidentally they got the same ones wrong but with different answers.

I will continue to put tie-break pics up until one of the two gains the advantage.

Sean

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back