• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stuck on what kind of Heron! (1 Viewer)

Photo was taken in July at Huntington Beach State Park in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina / USA.

He was so close to me and didn't fly off, to busy looking around for fish I suppose. But he did keep his eye on me and would look up every now and then to see what I was doing.

I think he's a heron, just not sure what kind.

Attachments

• DSC_0145.jpg
    DSC_0145.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 77
Thanks so much!! That's why I'm in need of identification. Trying to sell my photos, I can't keep calling them just birds!! hee hee I can't wait for Spring to get more birds. The tree line is always full of the Ibis'. I think I have and Egret too. I'll have to post it to make sure. I've looked up a few on my own, but like the Ibis, I had no idea there were 3 kinds.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back