• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

bulk editing - file size and copyright (1 Viewer)

Tony Knight

United Kingdom
Hi. I want to put several hundred photos onto my flikr site having reduced file size and added a "© Tony Knight" stamp on the bottom. Is there a way to do this in photoshop as a bulk action ? Trouble is, due to cropping the photos are all different shapes so how would i get the stamp in the right place on all and how can i specify a consistent x pixels by x pixels file size ? To do this one by one would take forever. I've done some research in the forum and on the net generally but not found how to do this to many photos at the same time.

Thanks
Tony

Last edited:
It can be done in Photoshop but you have to create an action. The easiest way is to use Faststone. It is free and under Tools > Batch Convert > Advanced there are a whole host of options for adding text or watermark images.

Fastone is a good suggestion and you can't beat the price. Lightroom is really great for this task since it has built in a publishing function for flickr. It allows you to set global options lie sizing, watermarks etc. Also, it will upload other details if you fil them out in Lightroom like title, decription, keywords, copyright detail in the exif data.

After this is setup you simply collect the images in a lightroom collection and when ready click the publish button. It logs in automatically in the background an dbegins uploading all the imags. It also keeps track if you made edits to any images you already uploaded in will make them to republish whenever you are ready to publish again.

Fastone is a good suggestion and you can't beat the price. Lightroom is really great for this task since it has built in a publishing function for flickr. It allows you to set global options lie sizing, watermarks etc. Also, it will upload other details if you fil them out in Lightroom like title, decription, keywords, copyright detail in the exif data.

After this is setup you simply collect the images in a lightroom collection and when ready click the publish button. It logs in automatically in the background an dbegins uploading all the imags. It also keeps track if you made edits to any images you already uploaded in will make them to republish whenever you are ready to publish again.

Thanks - is there a charge for Lightroom (assuming this is a different product).

Tony

Thanks - faststone seems to do the trick - see attached shoebill picture. If I upload c200 to flikr do i need to rename each file in flikr or will it retain the filename i've given it so once uploaded i need to do nothing more?

thanks for your help

Tony

Attachments

• shoebill, the delta, Murchison NP, Uganda, 10-2011 v245.jpg
    shoebill, the delta, Murchison NP, Uganda, 10-2011 v245.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 83
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back