• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How many bird's songs do you know? (1 Viewer)

I add sound to photos of birds. This gives me the song/calls with visual back up. It is easy to do, use the following steps:
The sound bite can be got from http://www.xeno-canto.org/
Next step is open you photo with Movie Maker, it comes with Windows, then click on the musical note icon at the top to add music and add the song and or calls that you have downloaded (or if you've got the gear, recorded yourself) adjust the length to suit your needs and then save as ..... bird with sound (add title) wherever you want to. I put the sound files from XC and my photo with sound in the top folder for each species, the sub folders are for different places/years the photos were taken.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back