• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cackling Geese? Desbarats ontario canada (1 Viewer)

simongodfrey

Are some of these cackling geese? Taken this morning. I know the front two are canada geese

Attachments

• 20170427081443_IMG_1120.jpg
    20170427081443_IMG_1120.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 20170427081445_IMG_1121.jpg
    20170427081445_IMG_1121.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 56
The right two in the first picture and all six in the second picture appear to have all the Cackling geese traits as far as I can see.

The right two in the first picture and all six in the second picture appear to have all the Cackling geese traits as far as I can see.

thnx, ment to clarify that the two right ones in the first pic and two left ones in the second pic are the same birds, the pictures overlap

Clearly two 'races' here.

The bigger birds also seem to have paler backs.

A

I am not sure what Andy means by two 'races' - I agree that there are two species here, Canada and Cackling Geese, as they are currently recognized by the American authorities on such things.

I am not sure what Andy means by two 'races' - I agree that there are two species here, Canada and Cackling Geese, as they are currently recognized by the American authorities on such things.

I used the rem 'race' as I personally am not capable of distinguishing the various forms within the complex.

A

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back