• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is New Guinea's "Mountain Robin" (Petroica bivittata) Dimorphic? (1 Viewer)

GhostsonAcid

Human Person
Hello there!,

Unfortunately I don't have easy access to, say, the BirdLife International Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the World. Thus, posting here seems to be a logical avenue...

After scouring the internet for hours upon hours (and hours), it appears very little is known about this species (Petroica bivittata).

Anyway, my question is this:

Is Petroica bivittata sexually dimorphic, -and if so then to what degree? (That is, would it take a professional birder to spot the differences quickly, or is it more obvious like the female is brown rather than black/white, for example?)​

Perhaps someone here has resources on the bird that I don't, -and any sharing of knowledge would be greatly appreciated. (!!!)

Thank you kindly!

~Ghosts

Attachments

• Mountain Robin.png
    Mountain Robin.png
    218.2 KB · Views: 28
Welcome to the Forum.

This might help, saves me typing it up, from HBW Vol 12

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 44
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back