• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eastern Phoebe nesting in my awning. (1 Viewer)

boxer95

Feeling Flighty
I feel so awful, we have the cutest little Eastern Phoebe nesting under my awning under my deck. the worst possible place for a nest. Not only is it near our LOUD pool pump, which has just been turned on, but its also above our hot tub that we use every night which is also pretty loud. we have a speaker near her nest as well for music....

we have taken down tons of tree's and we have worker's over chopping wood and stacking it not to close to her nest but close enough that she doesn't want to be on her nest while they arehere working.. she is VERY scared all the time. she is so scared that she won't sit on her eggs all day long while they are working. I feel horrible but we have to get these tree's off our proerty and cleaned up.......

The other day it was really cold outside and she was off her eggs for 5 hours. yesterday she sat on them all day long. Today we found one of her eggs on the ground and I think my dogs stepped on it, for it was smashed. Her nest is also close to where my 3 large boxers come and go all day long. its just not a good place for a nest...

what are the chances of her remaining eggs being able to be incubated with her not on them during the day for a few hours when its cold out. I am heart broken about this but what can I do???

It was my first experience to see baby birds fresh out of the nest! its not going so well, poor Phoebe...

I just found another one of her eggs on the ground. do birds toss the eggs over board when they are gone, or did they fall? I feel horrible over this..

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back