• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello BirdForum (1 Viewer)

firmpig

Hi,

I just joined today, after googling for a bald greenfinch, of which we have one in our back garden. I found BirdForum and an relevant thread on this subject.

I got into garden birds last year when my family bought me a feeding station. Since then, I've added more of them with a variety of foods, including live mealworms from time to time. I have a constant battle with the squirrels, but I'm winning gradually!

This year I bought 3 nesting boxes, two for tits and one for a robin. Within a month, both the tit boxes were in use, which was a complete surprise, as I was warned that they're normally cautious in their first year or two. Our garden is now buzzing every day with two new families of blue tits. My robin box got hidden behind a bushy bush during the Spring, so I haven't been able to find out whether we had any success there. I'll find out in September when I clean the boxes.

In case you're wondering about my unusal user name, this came fom a trip I made to Japan a few years ago, where my host translated my name in Japanese Kanji characters, and then back to English. It came out as "Pure Curtain Firm Pig". I never have any trouble getting unique email addresses etc!

Hi firmpig
and welcome to Bird Forum from all the Staff and Moderators

I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

D

Hi Firmpig,

Welcome to Birdforum.

Glad you have made your garden a friendly place for the birds, we had similar sucess with our first year for the BT, they moved in within a week.

I miss the blue tits we only get great tits in Tokyo
My Dads in Surrey + says the House Sparrow population has drastically fallen
Is that all over ?

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back