• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cheap Gitzo tripods (1 Viewer)

johnf3f

johnf3f
Now that I have bought my new tripod I thought that others might like to know of the current offer from Gitzo UK.

Gitzo tripods are normally out of the reach of most mortals - but not at the moment - they have a sale on!

So if your big lens needs better support look here:

http://www.gitzo.co.uk/tripods-systematic?o=price

Yup that is top quality Gitzo Systematics at less than £400 and direct from Gitzo UK! That is £200+ cheaper than the Chinese copies - which are very good - but not quite as good!

I thought it was too good to be true until my GT 4542LS arrived! Note the prices include UK postage too.

Hi John,

I took advantage of that offer too and also plumped for the 4542LS which arrived last week. I guess it all means that the new range is imminent and that old stock is being cleared. As you say, fantastic value.

All I need now is Canon to clear out their existing EF 800 f/5.6 L when the new II is launched, and drop the price by 50%, just like Gitzo…yeah right!

Stu

The replacement, GT 4543LS, is already on the market at £774.00. I think that I will make do with my Mk2!

If Canon do a 50% off sale on the 500 Mk2 then I will be happy - I would be very grumpy if they do a sale on the 800mm as it would hit the value of mine!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back