• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Do you ignore Leica ? (1 Viewer)

The closer I look, the more the 8x42 Ultravid impresses me.

Tobias, I feel the same way, although mine is a 7x42+, have you tried the 7xHD+ ?, I`d be interested to read what you think.

I like the 8x42 but for me personally the 7x42HD+ is magical, something very special is happening with this model, the fov is nice, the dof is really top notch, and all with that sparkling clarity the HT glass has given the Ultravid.

John.

My first exposure to Leica was as a young teenager. A rancher/ guide I knew would loan me his 8x32 when I helped during hunting season. I was amazed something so small could outperform everything I had ever seen. I never thought I could afford them.

Fast forward 20+ years and I decided to step into the quality optic market. When I first started shopping I decided to buy used to look for a better deal. I stayed away from
Leica for a couple of reasons, mainly new or used cost, and the lack of transferable warranty. In the last 3-4 years I had vortex viper, viper HD, SLC neu, Meostar HD, SLC HD, and razor HD.

My keepers were the SLC HD and Meostar HD.

Last week I bought the Trinovid 10x42 while on clearance + another 10% sale. Price was a deciding factor for me to buy a binocular I always wanted. Now they have revamped the line to the $1000 market.

hello, how can leica ever know that you are the second owner ?? On the warranty is no name form the first buyer ?

The only way I can think of is requiring binocular registration with the manufacturer within a certain time of the purchase date. I've never owned Leica binoculars so I don't know if this is how they do it.

Leica keeps records of the binoculars registered with them. They still have the record of my old Leitz 7x42 Trinovid BA (green armored, which I purchased in the early 1990s) along with the records of other Leicas that I registered with them at later dates.

Bob

My new warranty form has my name and binoculars serial number. Pretty simple database. I see their website is getting built for a members area to enter this information.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back