• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wide Angle Lenses For CP4500 (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone,

I have a friend interested in purchasing a cp4500, with the initial desire to use it for scenic shots, but also some digi-scoping.
He wishes to buy a wide angle lens for this camera, e.g the WC-E63.
In standard SLR terms, can somebody tell me what this is equal to, and also for the WC-E68.

Is an adapter required to fit these lenses to the cp4500?

Finally, does anybody know of any good offers for these lenses at the moment? (we have seen the Warehouse Express offer for £419.00)

Any help greatly appreciated..... :t:

Thanks,

tracker

Ive just worked out how to calculate the SLR equivalent.
With the WC-E63 its 0.63 x cameras minimum focal length. So 0.63 x 38mm = 23.94mm, and the WC-E68 is 0.68 x 38mm = 25.84mm.

tracker

I've found that Warehouse express are very good at answering queries like yours if you give them a ring (if you can't find out what you need to know from this forum which is unlikely...)

Why buy a wide angle lens when for scenic shots you can take two or more pictures and stitch them together with software provided with the camera? Much cheaper and a higher resolution.

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back