• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cygnets (1 Viewer)

They sure are, aren't they. I should imagine they're reasonably safe from predation now aren't they?

You've some lovely sparkly water there, making for some super pictures. Coots are doing well too, I see.

Thanks for the update H.

Nice! I love Dabchicks - that's the project for your next visit H, to get a piccie of them;)

Goodness, aren't they looking well! And I see the ducks are keeping close order for protection too it seems.

Nice pictures H.

Cygnets at Loch Oire ,

Up-date.

Attachments

• IMG_9271 (Small).JPG
    IMG_9271 (Small).JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9247 (Small).JPG
    IMG_9247 (Small).JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9235 (Small).JPG
    IMG_9235 (Small).JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 36
They're doing so well H.

It's funny I was thinking about you yesterday evening, when I was looking at the little family at Kinnordy and wondered when the next update was coming! This is them... just 4 young 'uns, but this was the closest they got.

Attachments

• Swan familybf.jpg
    Swan familybf.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 36
Saturday

Kids as big as Mum and Dad now.

Attachments

• IMG_9300 (Small).JPG
    IMG_9300 (Small).JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_9303 (Small).JPG
    IMG_9303 (Small).JPG
    68 KB · Views: 39
Disaster

Yesterday after getting home and transferring the pics I realised there were only eight Cygnets do be seen . Taking an other trip over to the loch I had a look around again and found a cygnet upturned in the water . The pictures will explain .As to why this happened I can only guess that it has been snagged under when feeding . Can anyone tell me who would be responsible to remove the bird ?

Attachments

• IMG_9335 (Small).JPG
    IMG_9335 (Small).JPG
    62 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_9349 (Small).JPG
    IMG_9349 (Small).JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9346 (Small).JPG
    IMG_9346 (Small).JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 32
Oh how awful H. It's great to see the others doing so well though.

I really don't know if anyone would do anything... you could try the SSPCA, but I think they're more likely to use their resources to rescue live creatures - unless they want to find out the cause of death.

Hi Delia, that,s who i phoned and was told they don,t deal with dead animals , that it was the local council,s job. But checking the Murray Council site , they will remove road kills and from the shore .. I,ll give them a call to-morrow to find out if this comes under their work . But I would like to know how a large healthy bird died ;fishing line etc .

Rather as I feared Henry.

er... fancy getting your toes wet H?;)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back