• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Groene Jonker, Zevenhoven (NL) (1 Viewer)

Leo Tukker

Netherlands
Went birding today in the Groene Jonker near Zevenhoven.

Great day with a lot of birds:

Great Crested Grebe, Great Cormorant, Grey Heron, Eurasian Spoonbill, Mute Swan, White-fronted Goose, Greylag Goose, Canada Goose, Common Shelduck, Mallard, Gadwall, Northern Shoveler, Common Teal, Tufted Duck, Marsh Harrier, Eurasian Sparrowhawk, Common Pheasant, Baillon's Crake, Spotted Crake, Water Rail, Moorhen, Common Coot, Great Ringed Plover, Northern Lapwing, Dunlin, Little Stint, Ruff, Common Redshank, Spotted Redshank, Common Sandpiper, Green Sandpiper, Common Snipe, Black-headed Gull, Sand Martin, Barn Swallow, White Wagtail, Sedge Warbler, Reed Warbler, Common Starling, Magpie, Eurasian Jackdaw.

When driving to the place I saw two Great White Egrets and a Common Buzzard.

I saw pretty much the same stuff. A fantastic place to catch up with rails! (I saw four Spotted Crakes and did not try that hard — someone else got to at least eight).

Gosh never knew about that spot - all 3 rails (+ Purple Heron which I know breeds there as well) are still on the bogey-list. I better check it out next time I'm over :)

N

I also remember fondly this place. Especially good for crakes, some time ago watched pairs of Spotted and Baillons taking care of their chicks - something I never thought I will see.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back