• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swaro CTC 30x75 (1 Viewer)

johnf3f

johnf3f
A friend of mine has one of these scopes (rather nice too) but he is having a problem with the Eye Cup - I think that's what you call it! Anyway the rubber bit on the eyepiece. He is finding it too short and needs it to be between 4 and 6 mm longer. I have contacted Swarowski (awaiting reply) but I don't think they will be able to help, so does anybody here have any ideas?
DIY fixes are OK so long as it does not involve modifying the scope.
I really shouldn't be asking this as I want him to flog it to me! But he is a friend so I should try.

I notice Ace Optics of Bath sell Avian eye shields for telescopes For around 12 pounds. Worth giving them a ring. I also enjoy using the Swarovski 30x 75 draw tube which I use with a monopod.

Last edited:
Thanks Robert. Coincidentally he will be heading down to Ace in a month or so as he is after some bins.
They would probably have a good idea if anything would fit/could be adapted.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back