• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tripod Head with Single control for Vertical and Horizental Movement (2 Viewers)

SRVD

I am looking for light weight video/Pan & Tilt head with single point control for both horizontal and vertical movement for 65mm Spotting Scope.(Something similar to Gitzo Birding head.)

What all option available in the market apart from Gitzo ?

Swarovski DH 101 has separate controls but has similar functionality depending on what you are wanting to do because it is very lightweight and because it has quick lock-outs for horizontal and vertical motion (drag is adjusted separately from the lock-outs).

Another, much cheaper option, would be to give up the "fluid" aspect and use one of the heads that locks both axes by twisting the pan handle. I'm not up on the latest models, but I have old ones like that from Bushnell and Slik.

--AP

Last edited:
The Velbon PH 157Q locks and releases pan and tilt through twisting the handle. I use, it with a Swaro 65 and it's fine. I'd buy another couple of shoe retaining clips at the same time if you get one though. The last one lasted 3 years before it became a risk...

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back