• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (12 Viewers)

ldv

Couldn't catch a cold today!! could only manage these two. Desperate for some water.

Attachments

• b1a.jpg
    b1a.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 54
  • b2a.jpg
    b2a.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 54
Anyone know how well the Great Northern has been showing at Pug's now it's on the main lake - is it coming in range for "showing well" shots or is it at long range?

Also, does the American Wigeon show well for photography at Wintersett - the reports say so, but hardly any shots of it so far?

Thanks.

Anyone know how well the Great Northern has been showing at Pug's now it's on the main lake - is it coming in range for "showing well" shots or is it at long range?

Also, does the American Wigeon show well for photography at Wintersett - the reports say so, but hardly any shots of it so far?

Thanks.

Andy hood as a good picture of the wigeon on Yorkshire birder Facebook page

Marvellous, I've a day full of household maintenance tomorrow and I could choose from GND at Pug's, Cetti's at T'Old Moor and Desert Whitearse at Bempton for birding. You can bet there will be jeff all around next weekend when I'm free.

Hope the Desert Wheatear sticks 'til tomorrow. Was it seen until dusk today?

yes it was showing until dusk i was with it as it walked the path and stubble keeping close to the field margin, it did have a tendency to fly over the cliff edge... but it soon popped over.. it covered a large area from the staple viewpoint back to the visitors centre, but primarily the viewpoint, i first clocked it as it flew over the cliffs to within a few feet of us...

cheers ollie

o forgot to add, theres a couple of tundra's with the goose flock at elvington sewage works (and 10-15 euro wf geese) if anyone wanted to see both subspecies in a day)

Desert Wheatear

Showing really well this afternoon at Bempton RSPB, Down to a few feet at times, Nearly bit the dust though when a Kestrel decided to have a chase after it!

DesertWheatear003edited.jpg

Last edited:
Desert Wheatear

had a cracking afternoon with the desert wheatear at bempton today. It showed really well and was almost oblivious to those watching it at times coming to within 2m!
More shots on the blog.

Attachments

• GP-3.jpg
    GP-3.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 120
  • GP-8.jpg
    GP-8.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 96
  • GP-6.jpg
    GP-6.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 146

Users who are viewing this thread