• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

when did ba's become bn's? (1 Viewer)

matt green

Norfolkman gone walkabout
greetings all, i am awaiting a pair of secondhand 7,42 ba trinovids and i am wondering how old they might be.i just sold a pair of 8,32 ba's which i thought were brilliant but a little short on eye relief.anyone know when the ba models were first introduced and when they were upgraded to bn's ?

I'm not 100% certain on this but I think it was September 2000 the Trinovids BN were announced at Photokina.

I think the big difference between the BA and BN is the close focus; with the BNs being able to focus 2-3 ft closer. I believe there was also a mention of switching to "eco" glass wich which supposedly is free from lead and arsenic.

I agree that the 8x32 BAs were great. They were my first pair of premium bins. I had to switch from contacts to glasses and the ER became a bit of an issue. When the 8x32 LXs were available under $500 I made the switch.

I do hear that there was some compromise to the long range/near infinite focus range, and that some people that need excessive diopter adjustment might not be able to adjust at far focus....

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back