• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Reservoirs (1 Viewer)

CBB

Hi,
On my travels today, I visited two local reservoirs. Both were so low that in some parts, low level rocks were visible. Has anyone any similar comments?

Thanks
Chris

cbb said:
Hi,
On my travels today, I visited two local reservoirs. Both were so low that in some parts, low level rocks were visible. Has anyone any similar comments?

Thanks
Chris
And yet Eyebrook is as full as I've seen it, Chris. I wouldn't be surprised at low levels as the winter has been exceptionally dry so far - nice to have a bit of rain this past two days, but it's been very little overall and the sun's out now!

Swithland and Cropston are often artificially high/low because Severn Trent pump water between the two, I think.

My local reservoir, Hanningfield in Essex, has been very low for many months and as result a few more waders have been present.

The level has risen a little in recent weeks but I've not checked since last weekend's rain.

I suspect that all reserviors in the south of the country are at low levels but I also suspect that the water companies can change the situation very easily but pumping between locations. I hear that the reservoirs in the north are closer to usual levels.

I actually perfer my local site to have a lower level as the birdlife is more diverse.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back